DIGITAL DETOX TIPS

By Sonya Octa - Wednesday, March 27, 2019




Are you guys sometimes feeling frustated with your phone? Or you guys feeling so done with your phone and it makes you feel so lazy to use them? It's too unorganized, so many apps or even there are so many unimportant notifications keep popping up in your phone. Also, another factors included. It means that you need to do cleansing your phone or you can called it detoxing. Detoxing not only applied for body but also for media or any other things. Digital detoxing is so important. Trust me, doing digital detoxing gonna be so satisfying. Phone and SNS (Social Networking System) addictions win over our desire to spend more time away from electronics. I'm gonna give you guys 6 tips that worked on myself. Take this 6 ways you can effectively take a digital cleanse and enjoy some quality time "unplugged" from electronics. Try it out now!


#1 UNINSTALL UNUSED APPS

Most of us sometimes installed an apps for no reason or for the sake of following the trending app at that time. Am I right? Sometimes, we installed apps just because we want it not because we really need it. It kinda waste of phone space. We never used that apps, only for once or twice. Now, it's time to get rid of those unused apps. Start to mindfully think about the apps you never used and delete it right after. Then, you can categorized your used apps in a folder with the same category. For example, photography and photo editor in one folder. Social media apps such as Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and any others in one folder. Categorizing your apps will helps you easily find the apps and it will looks more organized.

#2 TURN OFF THE NOTIFICATIONS

Turn off your phone notifications will helps you from distraction and procrastination. It really is. Everytime notifications popping up in my phone, it feels like I want to open each of them and it's kinda waste of time for me. So, I decided to reduce distraction and procrastination by turning off the notifications. I feel the differences before and after turning off my phone notifications. In my case, I just set the notifications for important apps such as chatting app and email.

#3 UNFOLLOW TOXIC ACCOUNTS ON INSTAGRAM

Get rid of negative people in your life. Just focus on your happiness. Don't waste your time on something that makes you unhappy and uncomfortable at all. It's not worth it. It will never disadvantage you. Instead, it will make your life even better and happier. I open my Instagram every single day, one the reason is because of my inspiration. I follow accounts that encourage me to be better and inspired me and make my heart beats even faster, make me feel excited. Detoxing on your social media is also important. For example on Instagram, scrolling on your Instagram following and just unfollow accounts that doesn't bring you joy. Even it's your own friends (it means that you're too worth to be their friend, let go the negativity). Don't think about what they gonna think, just focus on yourself. They just don't have nothing to do and nothing to judge about you.

#4 UNSUBSCRIBE ON EMAIL

This is also becomes a point of media decluttering. It kinda hard for some people because they gonna miss out such an exciting inbox. Unsubscribe on unimportant email for you. This is also include social media notifications email- unsubscribe them. Unsubscribing email will helps you to focus on the important one. You don't need to delete so many inbox anymore.

#5 PUT THE PHONE INTO AIRPLANE MODE BEFORE SLEEP / NIGHT ROUTINE

Far away from your phone for some times in a day is necessarry. You need take a break from virtual life. For me, I usually put my phone into airplane mode before bed or right before I start my night routine. It highly effective for me to focus on here and now and focus on my night activities. It really helps me to have a good quality of sleep too. If I turn on my phone at night, it kinda of distraction for me. I have a routine at night instead of playing with my phone until I forget about time.

#6 SWITCH PHONE ADDICTION INTO SOMETHING MEANINGFUL

I feel that phone is kinda distraction for some reasons. Phone is connected with distraction. Then I start thinking to start switching phone by doing others positive activities. But, still, I use my phone everyday, with a portion. I'm not all the time, 24/7 on my phone. Like what I said before on the 5th point. I switched phone with doing a night routine. Also, sometimes I do reading, blogging, journaling, planning, take a walk or do any others activities instead of on my phone all the time.

So that's all about my 6 digital detox tips that I can share to you guys. Let's try not to addict on your phone constantly. Try to reduce the time your day on the phone even it's just for 10% time of your day. Switch them with the positive activities. Having work-life balance is so important. I know you can seperate the phone fungtion for work and chill. I'm not saying that using phone is negative but you choose your own way how you treat your phone. I wish that you find out it helpful. Happy reading! ^^






안녕, 다음에 또 봐.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments