HOW TO UNWIND AFTER A STRESSFUL DAY

By Sonya Octa - Monday, December 10, 2018


Everyone always have those days where feel so stressful and tired then need to find a time to relax after all. Right? Sometimes we can't control things that happened and will happens in our life. Stress is becomes such a common problem in human life but it actually not. Stress is very important to deal with. Don't underestimate it. People need to solve this problem but as you know it's not gonna be easy. You can do things that makes you happy and forget your problem to relieve stress. Try to unwind for a while. I normally do some activities that makes me happy. So, here I want share to you guys about things that I usually do to unwind after my stressful day. Let's get into it!

1. Take a Hot Bath

Take a hot bath after such a tiring and stressful day is the best choice. For me, hot water helps my body to feel so relax. It also reduce my body pain. Hot water helps me alot.

2. Pamper Yourself

Spend the time just with yourself by pampering is kind of a self-care activity. It's important to take care of yourself. Take care of yourself first before you take care of others. I've been uploaded my story in this blog about my pamper night routine and self-love journey. If you want to catch up, you can read it, here :

Pamper Night Routine
Self-Love Journey

I explained more and deeper about pampering and self-love there. So enjoy reading it!

3. Sleep Early

Normally, a healthy sleep hours is about 8 hours. Lack of sleep is really bad for your body. You'll feel tired, has no morning spirit and even feeling so sore at the same time if you lack of sleep. The more you sleep (as long as it between 8 hours), the healthier you'll become. In this case you need to sleep at least 7 until 8 hours per day. Don't sleep too much or too less. Lack of sleep will makes your body feeling so bad and unhealthy. Lack of sleep will impact your activity and your emotion especially in the morning. The fewer you sleep, the higher the risk you'll take to catch a disease. So, make sure you have enough sleep. Try to sleep earlier at night so you can wake up earlier in the morning. Sleep also makes your body and mind to take a rest for some time. It will reduce your stress as well as you'll feeling better in the next day.

4. Exercise

For me, exercise helps me to forget every single problem for a while. I just focus on doing the workout. Normally, I do common workout and sometimes dancing. Dancing helps me express my feeling, the moves makes me feeling more confident and everytime I'm dancing, it can burns fat faster than workout that I usually do. Sometimes I do both, workout and dance in the same day. I danced with my favorite songs. For workout ideas, I search it on my Pinterest. There are so many kind of workouts you can try.

5. Stretch

You can include this topic into exercise. But, particularly I want to explain more in this section. We can do stretching everytime and everywhere. Whether it's when you are working, studying, before exercise, when you have a free time, before you sleep or any other time. Stretch your body for at least 3-5 minutes is enough to make your body fresh again. Stretching helps you to relax your muscles. Focus your stretching on neck and shoulders more when you feeling so stressful, it will helps a lot.

6. Yoga

Yoga is kind of body (physical), mental and spiritual practices at the same time. Yoga is unique. For me yoga helps me to relax, let go of my problems for a while, focus on the present moment and yoga makes me happy. I can express my body by doing yoga. Yoga is one of my favorite thing to do everyday especially in the morning. I've been talked about this deeper on my previous post. If you want to catch up, you can read it on my pamper night routine post, right here. Yoga is such a calm exercise you can do at home or even when you're work.

7. Meditate

When you stressed out, your mind gonna feel so pressured then in the end you'll feel dizzy and anxient. The best way to reduce it by meditation. Meditation will helps you to focus in the present and forget your problems for a while. The most important thing in meditation is that meditate helps you to focus on your breath. For some people or most of people out there, meditation is kind of unfamiliar activity. If you gonna try it for the first time, you'll gonna feel nothing in the beginning. But, if you try it again and over again day by day then you'll feel something change from yourself (in a good way). When you start to meditate, it's all about the process. Enjoy it. It's not gonna be easy but it's worth it so much. You'll never regret it.

8. Watch your Favorite Drama or Inspiring YouTube Videos

The best healing for your stressful day is by doing what you like. If you like to watch television, dramas, YouTube or any other things to reduce your stress, then do it. For me watch my favorite drama or inspiring videos from YouTube helps me to forget my problems for a while and happy.

9. Warm your Body with Hot Tea

I love tea so so much. I have various kind of tea flavors at home. Drink your hot tea will really helps your body to feel better and clear your mind. In my opinion, peppermint tea is the best one for stress relief. It smells so good and make your mind feel so calm when you drink it.

10. Spend Time with your Loved Ones

Hangout with your friends, went to your favorite cafes or watch movie in the theather. Eat dinner with your boyfriend or girlfriend. Or just spend your time at home with your family. I believe that meet with your loved ones will helps you to heal your pain. So, you need to try it.


So, that's all for my 10 tips for you guys to unwind your stressful day. I hope that you found out it helpful and try the tips that fits on you the best. Or you can try it one by one and find out the one that fits you the best. I applied all those 10 things in my case too, so it's all based on my experience. Thankyou.







よろしく、



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments